Location: Greater Toronto Area
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the quality systems in compliance with the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR/ACMPR). The QA Specialist is responsible for representing the company’s QA Department in all interfaces with Health Canada.
Overview of Job Requirements:
- Oversees the quality system required by Division 4 in compliance with Health Canada’s QA requirements pertaining to production, facility, security, storage, packaging & labeling and Good Production Practices (GPP) for the MMPR/ACMPR program
- Knowledge of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR/ACMPR)
- Establishing and enforcingGPP, HACCP and Quality Assurance standards, providing technical and regulatory services in growing inputs, packaging and production of medical marijuana
- Ability to review regulations, documents and reports pertaining to the MMPR/ACMPR, Non-confirming Reports, Corrective Action Reports, Food and Drugs Act (FDA), Controlled drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and Pest Control Products Act (PCPA)
- Develop, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Manuals
- Leads continuous quality improvement of medical marijuana through reinforcement of product quality and food safety programs, creation of specifications, and performance and oversight of various auditing and investigation actions
- Review certificates of analysis and results of external laboratory tests for compliance to specification
- Supervision of the quality team
- Responsible for processes pertaining to incidents, complaints, deviations and recalls
- Focal contact for audit and information requested from Health Canada pertaining to Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Supports and interacts with all departments and other divisions
- Oversee and assist the quality team with critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures and important production equipment
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to troubleshooting production issues
- Ensure compliance with regulations through auditing and quality systems
- Investigate product non-conformances; conduct material reviews for complaints, and document findings and responses. Manage product holds, reprocessing actions, and final disposition processes for non-compliant resources
- Create responses, corrective and preventive action reports for customers, Consumer Relations or other internal departments as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BSc in a technical discipline (Food Processing, Chemistry, Biochemistry and or Micro-Biology Science preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Specialist in a GPP, HACCP, FDA regulated environment, with proficiency in quality systems, documentation and testing methods
- Proficient in English.
Skills and/or Competencies:
- Strong understanding of plant products, herbal science and analytical testing methodology
- Strong working knowledge of MMPR/ACMPR Division 4 guidelines, Good Agricultural Practice, Good Production Practice, HACCP, Food Safety, regulatory and environmental guidelines
- Experienced in establishing and maintaining configured standards, policies, procedures and work flows
- Strong technical presentation skills & ability to train others
- Strong experienced in root cause analysis and corrective action process
- Understanding of other Operational functional areas
- Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry and or Botany knowledge is an asset
- Physical Requirements: Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.